středa 5. října 2016

Has Something Changed in Taiwan in Three Years?

I tell you what: not much. My first visit in Taiwan was three years ago when I was broken, depressed and just wanted to run away from my daily life. I decided to join an AIESEC programme, culture internship. After few weeks and few skype calls with AIESECers around the world I decided for an internship in Tainan, Taiwan. And I spent there my best two months. It is great that not so many things in have changed in Taiwan.


Actually it was the fist time ever when I travelled entirely alone without and the weirdest thing was that I was not afraid at all. Or I was afraid but only for one or two minutes. I still carry the train ticket from Taipei to Tainan in my purse.









Tainan in 2013
Note: Just found out that this year I did not take many photos in Tainan so I cannot upload any to show you the difference/same.

I spent in Taiwan two incredible months. This year the right time came and suddenly I was sitting in a plane from Hong Kong to Tainan. After few days back to Tainan I could still not believe I was back, my beloved Tainan and people I had not seen for three years and the feeling when I got to know there are so many people who wanted to meet me.

So nothing has changed. Taiwan is still hot and humid during summer and this time I had not so much time to get used to it. Traffic is still crazy, maybe even crazier. There are always so many motorbikes and it is still dangerous when you cross a street, however, I enjoyed when I rode a bike and had to pass cars and motorbikes. I like doing adventurous things.

I had to admit that I could see more English in Taiwan. I remember 3 years ago it was even impossible for me to order something to eat because everything was only in Chinese. This time it sometimes happened when they saw I am a foreigner they offered me English menu. Taipei is still international and busy. Well, I did not feel there so good as in Tainan since it is a big city and not so friendly, in my opinion. Anyway I finally visited the top of Taipei 101 and it was nice.

One sentence about food: It is still delicious.

And quite important thing, there is a new president, woman, madam Tsai Ing-Wen. Quite impressive, don't you think? On the other hand, relationship between Taiwan and China is still complicated.



To sum it up Taiwan is still one of the best places to see, to taste, basically you have to experience it!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat